As you can image, there are many. As a simple reminder, we like to use the acronym “DIP ‘N’ CHEW”
D isease suppression — ACS compost has a healing effect on plants and a cleansing action on soils.
I ncreases plant yield
P orosity increased in the soil-has more air voids than typical soils.
N utrient retention — magnetic charge from high CEC holds nutrients longer.
C ompaction reduction — it makes soil spongy and enables it to spring back.
H elps reduce dependence on chemicals — promotes healthier plants.
E rosion reduced-disperses the force of raindrops.
W ater retention increased — like a sponge holding water.
Beyond these, high quality compost:
- Increases soil fertility and soil digestion
- Increases microbial activity and organic matter content of soil
- Provides high humus levels
- Suppresses weed growth
- Alters soil to have a positive effect against insects and pests
- Improves buffering capacity (neutralizes pH in the soil)
- Neutralizes harmful compounds
- Converts and stores excess nutrients in a plant-friendly manner
- Reduces leaching
- Infiltration of water is improved
To learn more information about ACS Composting visit our website at http://www.midwestbiosystems.com.